Creator of the Universe, I am thankful that you are Love- you are worthy to be honored. Even though we don't always know what Love entails, I do know I want to experience more.
I desperately want your way of doing things to become the way people do things in our culture.
Because you are the Loving Creator we trust you to provide the things we need for life in your creation, even though things in this world are a bit skewed from what their original intention was: give us enough for today- we trust you.
Forgive me the way I forgive people in my life; even though they have really hurt me. This is the way things work in your culture.
Finally, protect me from the evil one and the ways I feel like I should be something less than real and honest.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
this is beautiful, thanks peter
Wow. That's powerful, Peter. It really changes the way I think of that prayer.
Peter,
This reminded me of a version of the Lord's Prayer that Dallas gave @ MPPC...enjoy!
Our father always near us
May your name be cherished and loved
May your rule be completed in us
May your will be done all around us
Just the way it is done in heaven
Forgive us our impositions on you
As we are forgiving everyone who has imposed on us
Give us this day all the things we need
Lead us not into troubles
But deliver us from everything bad
Because you are the one in charge
And all power is yours, and all glory
That's just the way we want it
Post a Comment