Creekside at Hetch Hetchy

Creekside at Hetch Hetchy

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Into the Wild

I saw "Into the Wild" earlier this week, and it was one of those movies that you feel as opposed to watch. Jon Krakauer wrote the book and Sean Penn directed the movie, but some college graduate lived the story they tell. I'm sure some of it is romanticized, but the themes at play are powerful. It's a perfect film for our post-modern, consumer culture and the people reacting against such a culture and pull in their lives. It speaks for honesty, forgiveness, community, and a critical-realist approach to life.

Don't miss the scene with the old man, the kid, and the clouds. I guess I could write a bunch of stuff on what I saw, but the film speaks clearly enough- hopefully you have ears.

Here's the trailer to the best movie I've seen this year:

2 comments:

David Guo said...

That's looks awesome! Makes me want to go to Alaska and live on the frontier of civilization and "the wild."

Unknown said...

Holy Crap. I don't even know what to say.