Creekside at Hetch Hetchy

Creekside at Hetch Hetchy

Monday, December 10, 2007

Autobiography Update #1

I took the liberty of publishing the "autobiographies" from my First Grade Class on an old blog a couple months ago. Everyone in my First Grade Class at Chamberlayne Elementary School in Richmond, VA wrote about their six year old lives and our teacher put together a book for each of us. My Mom kept it and gave it to me a while back.

If any of you guys followed that, you might be interested in a couple comments on the autobiographies- I included the comments at the end of the original entry.

Original Entry from our First Grade Autobiography book:

"Myself Again" by Lakeylia Bass

I love myself very much, but I get mad at myself sometimes. Do not get mad with yourself, but think before you do things that yourself says to you to do. Then do it. Do what you're supposed to do, but don't be a scaredy cat all your life.

My birthday is right after May, and it is sure long. And it is going to be summer, and it is going to be hot. It might rain some. I might get a puppy for my birthday. And it is going to be a girl puppy, and I will call it Keyme. My sister named hers that. My sister's birthday is the same day as mine, and I like it just the way it is now. My sister and I don't fight. My mom and dad taught us how to walk and talk and learn to read and work. Now I know all of those things that I learned before I came to First Grade. And I like First Grade now, and my sister likes First Grade now.

I am going to be moving in June and will miss my friends and my teacher and my school. I will be sad. My sister will feel the same way as I feel all along.

I like colors, and the colors I like most are red and pink. I like to write a lot. It is hard work to do, but I still write. I think it is fun to write. Sometimes I think writing is hard work, but sometimes it has a funny ending.

My mother is nice, and I will do the same thing that my mother taught me. My dad taught Keshia and me how to ride a bike.

I have brown eyes. My hair is black. I have a big house. It is yellow and has bricks.


--------------------------------------------------------

A COMMENT POSTED BY "BRIAN SINGLETON":


How did you get a hold of these poems. Lakeylia is my girlfriend and I told her I ran across a poem she wrote when she was little and she got a kick out of that. Thanks.


---------------------------------------------------------

MY RESPONSE:

Brian, that's almost inconceivable that you happened upon your girlfriend's First Grade Autobiography- you're the first person to tell me they know someone from this elementary school class. I was in Lakeylia's First Grade Class at Chamberlayne Elementary School, and I ran across some autobiographies our class had put together back in 1988. I thought they were a unique insight into the mind of a kid, so I put them up here. They're all pretty classic.

Unfortunately I don't remember most of the kids from my First Grade class, but as a question of curiosity, what is Lakeylia up to now?

----------------------------------------------------------

BRIAN'S UPDATE:

No problem. It was very interesting to have found this since me and her were talking about writing a few days ago. As stated in the autobiography, she moved right after that school year to Charlotte, NC. She currently works for Bank of America in their investment management group here in Charlotte.

No comments: