I just read this article on ESPN.com, and it communicates some of the various points of friction between answering the voice/motivations of God and the voice/motivations of athletic success and the power of the crowd or sports team. It's an interview with Paul Byrd, a MLB pitcher with the Indians, who struggles with "following God" in professional baseball.
I would like to ask Paul whether he thinks God really cares about the outcome of a baseball game when there are much bigger things going on in the world i.e. human trafficking, genocide, AIDS epidemic, etc.?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that was a cool article. he seems like a thoughtful guy.
He does seem like a thoughtful guy. would like to read that book of his to see what he says. I'll pull for him to play his best.
Man, I really hope it turns out that this guy didn't cheat.
Me too. I saw the hgh allegations and I heard his comments and denials. The responses sure sounded a bit familiar, just like everyone else who is accussed. I guess we'll see: he either cheated and it came out at ta really bad time or someone was attacking him and his team right after his publicity for his book and before game 7 of the ALCS. I am honestly not sure what to think, but I will stick with him until things clear up.
Post a Comment