Creekside at Hetch Hetchy

Creekside at Hetch Hetchy

Monday, October 15, 2007

"That's How We do Pull Ups at Stanford"

My training progress down in LA has been going well. The other day we finished up a dryland session with three sets of ten pull ups. After the second set a couple of the guys decided to finish up with a "gold medal" set from the 10 meter. The idea was suggested by Olympian, Larsen Jensen, but was completed by myself and Kicker Vencil. We went up to the 10 meter and when we got there the USC guys decided it was too high and that they needed to "practice" on the 5 meter. It was a perfect opportunity to show the USC team how we do pull ups at Stanford. After I completed the pull ups and dropped into the water, I told the "practicers" on the 5 meter that Stanford does pull ups from the 10 meter. After all the crap I've taken for being a Stanford alum, it was a nice, friendly way to joke back.

3 comments:

David Guo said...

I only counted 8 pull-ups.

Peter Marshall said...

haahaha... They didn't video tape the whole thing. Come on, at Stanford, we do all ten- trust me.

Alfonso Pulido said...

Solid work. Keep them in check bud!